Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Spotting My Doppleganger

Have you ever seen a stranger who looked just like you? I have, but before I tell you about it, I thought I'd quickly mention this great ebook sale. A few weeks ago, I posted 5 Great Book Deals You Don't Want to Miss. Those 5 deals are still available–and here's a 6th one as well...



Get the e-book version of Whispers of the Bayou for just $1.99 (regularly $9.99)  or the ebook version of The Amish Quilter for just $3.99 (Regularly $14.99). Sale prices available at amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christianbook.com, and wherever ebooks are sold.  Sale runs till November 30th, 2018, so be sure to get your copy today!

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

SEEING DOUBLE

Back in 2017, I shared a fun post about my daughter Emily and how she seemingly appeared on a book cover–three years before she was born!

Emily on the left in 2016, photoshopped into the scene, and her doppleganger on the right, from a book published in 1986!
You can see all the pics and read more about that astounding coincidence here. 

Now I'm adding a Part II to the story, because this time I have found my own doppleganger! Yes, much to my astonishment, I was watching a show recently, an episode of Being Erica on Amazon Prime Video, and suddenly saw myself step into the frame as an extra in the background.

Stunned, I snapped a screenshot and texted it out to my family, but none of them reacted much at first. Turns out, that's because the woman on the show looked so much like me that they thought I'd simply Photoshopped myself into the picture.

Here's the screenshot I sent them...



And here's a close-up of the TV "me", on the left, next to a posed photo of the real me, on the right, with the same foreground added in digitally, just for comparison.


Crazy, huh?  I wonder if everyone has at least one look-alike out there somewhere!


Have you ever spotted your double? If so, I'd love to hear about it on my Facebook page or in the comments below.


No comments:

Post a Comment