Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Selfie Day: …And a Crusty New Year


Last January, I posted about how my husband and I love to make pies and how we always use the extra crust to decorate the top in honor of something relevant.  So, for what it’s worth, here is a look back at our year in pie…

Year of Pies

           

January: Our first good snowfall of the year! 

February: Call it a “Hallmark holiday” all you want, but we love Valentine’s Day—and always enjoy it with a pie.


March: This is a “Huguenot pie,” to celebrate turning in the manuscript for My Sister’s Prayer.    

April: My husband did this one, in honor of one of our favorite shows, Person of Interest.  (That’s a pay phone and a computer, both of which are relevant to the series.)

May: Too early for swimming in the lake, but the Spring winds were great for a little sailing.    

June: Back out on the water, this time in our new kayak.    

July: I made this one to bring as a hostess gift when we visited friends at their vacation house at the Jersey Shore. I even pulled up the Street View image on Google Earth of their gorgeous home so I could get it just right. Considering that I’d never seen the place in person at that point, I think it came out pretty good. J

August: Celebrating the Olympics with our own torch on a pie.    

September: Time for school!

October: Loving the changing leaves!

November: A partially eaten cornucopia for fall :)


December: Wreath-ing in the new year with another festive pie. So long, 2016! Hello, 2017.



1 comment:

  1. How fun! Those are some fancy pies! My favorite one is the one with a house on it!

    ReplyDelete